What is an Inner Flaneur ?

The Flaneur is a French word for the stroller of the 19th century who often walked his pet turtle though the streets of Paris, with no agenda. The internet is a Flaneur spot where people metaphorically stroll and link from site to site along the roadways of the web.

As an inner flaneur, I stroll in my thoughts. I use my thoughts to pen my ideas, my worries, my life story and my travels though this lifetime. I welcome all Flaneurs to stroll by my site and stop awhile or simply move along at whatever pace they feel may comfort them in their journey.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Loving my Space...

Lucky me....

One a clear day I see Mt. Rainier. It is grand. I actually cannot keep my eyes off of it, as it is majestic and stands out like nothing I have ever seen in my life.

When it has been overcast for several days, I forget it is there, and it is like a new gift to see it again.

It reminds me of the Petrarch essay: The Ascent of Mt. Ventoux, which essentially begged the question, why climb mountain? Because it is there.

"How earnestly should we strive, not to stand on mountain-tops, but to trample beneath us those appetites which spring from earthly impulses. With no consciousness of the difficulties of the way, amidst these preoccupations which I have so frankly revealed, we came, long after dark, but with the full moon lending us its friendly light, to the little inn which we had left that morning before dawn."

A metaphor for life

No comments:

Post a Comment